Are you Fire Safe in your home?

Every year, Fire + Rescue NSW attends to approximately 4,500 residential fires, with the common cause of fire being from:

  • Unattended cooking
  • Faulty or overloaded electrical appliances
  • Heaters and open fireplaces
  • Dryers
  • Candles and cigarettes

By minimising your risks and having a home escape plan in conjunction with a working smoke alarm, you will greatly increase your chances of getting your family out safely. 


Fire + Rescue NSW is the leading agency for urban fire and rescue management.